Center-Based Program Options
The center-based program serves children in a Head Start center five days per week. Class size ranges from 16-20 children per class. Our facilities are licensed by the State of California Department of Social Service. Copies of licenses can be viewed in all of our classrooms.
- Part Day: This option operates either an AM or PM session for 3.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday. The free program runs September through mid-June.
- Full Day/ Part Year: This full day/ part year option offers a free center session of 6.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday for parents who work, are enrolled in school or job training or who are seeking employment. Operating months are August through mid-June.
- Full Day/ Full Year: This full day/ part year option offers a center session of at least 6.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday for parents who work, are enrolled in school or job training or who are seeking employment. Operating months are July through June.
- Early Head Start: Provides the Creative Curriculum for Infant, Toddlers and Twos. It operates 12 months in the year, 6.5 hours per day/5 days a week.
Home-Based Program Options
The home-based program is a unique program which offers families the opportunity to receive Head Start services in their home. This program provides support to families whose circumstances (schedule, transportation or location) might prevent them from participating in a structured classroom setting. The Head Start home visitor uses the home environment to help parents create a wonderful learning environment and readiness for school.
- Home-Based This free option operates September through mid-June and provides a weekly home visit and two days/month socialization at a local Head Start center.
- Early Head Start provides weekly home visits once a week for 1.5 hours and two socialization's monthly at a local Head Start center. It operates 12 months in a year.